Dinanimismo X - Pietro Edoardo Mallegni intreview



Dinanimismo 2009-2019... AA.VV.,  by  Zairo Ferrante and Roberto Guerra (Asino Rosso eBook, 2019)

PIETRO EDOARDO MALLEGNI INTERVIEW (AUTHOR) 

Poetry like Doing Soul in the computer age?

In my opinion, the computer age has represented, for poetry and writing, a strange form of two-faced herma which has allowed the diffusion and the possibility of communication between poets and lovers in an immediate way, but at the same time, the dark side of this, represented by the continuous ubiquitous supply of information, sometimes useful, sometimes not, has eradicated the natural right of the formation of thought and emotion of its own; this era is alive with the identification of the individual with standards of happiness, sometimes unattainable, sometimes fake and, in all this, the same individual seekers of happiness have been allowed to propose themselves to others, with the superiority of the media already expressed by Pasolini, which puts the listener at a disadvantage. I believe that making poetry today, given the situation, is a form of rebellion against this emotional absenteeism of the cognition of oneself as a person, not as a single participant in a network that eliminates all forms of personal distinction. 

An autobiographical zoom?  

I have devoted much of my time to writing since I was thirteen years old.  Reading me again, even in various publications I see that there has been an evolution of my writing towards an increasingly massive condensation of concepts in as few words as possible. In addition, the family factor has prompted me to look for different ideas and different principles than my previous convictions. 

Dynamism, your personal vision? 

I got to know Mr. Zairo and the Dinanimist movement a few years ago and we could say that it was, at least on my part, love at first sight; the sacred and at the same time familiar idea of art, as a form of protection and teaching, almost like a mother (to quote), who however does not get lost in the technical heaviness, but, always in the usual ways mentioned above, fondles the souls and guides man towards beauty. My only regret is that I am not old enough to be able to say that I could have started this collaboration earlier.  

How do you imagine the future of poetry?

I don't think that poetry will ever find the general public it had before; the need for immediate understanding on the part of today's listener has led to an increasingly intense slumbering of both writers, now unknown, and readers. Poetry will slowly become a magnetic north that is increasingly difficult to identify, so present to everyone, but at the same time invisible, a sort of silent guide hidden behind the recesses of multiple existences that slowly leads ideas, dreams, desires and emotions in the right place and in the right dimension.


by Roberto Guerra


Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator